Local youth especially fresh graduates seeking to develop their experience are encouraged to be part of the EJ-YMCA RP. Through volunteering with us, they can gain insight to professional life, they can meet with other youth from the different communities in Palestine living under different circumstances, they can gain expertise on the work of civil society organizations providing humanitarian services, and they can get the chance to connect with professional organizations working in the fields of disability, mental health and psychosocial support. Local youth may meet with the personnel of the different departments functioning within the EJ-YMCA RP and choose one that best adds to their academic knowledge and experience.
To become part of the nucleus of volunteers at the EJ-YMCA RP, it is recommended that you fit within the following criteria:
- Have a background in social work, psychology, mental health, or disability.
- Be over eighteen years old.
- Possess a sense of commitment to the Program's mission and bylaws.
- Be open to provide help to others.
- Respect the code of conduct in development and humanitarian settings.
- Be passionate towards the rights of persons with disability.
- Be ready to work under the supervision of the relevant EJ-YMCA RP supervisors.